The Specialists, Ltd is a graphics, fabrication, and prop services company servicing television, film and advertising. The company has worked on projects for Netflix and Hollywood on productions like Punisher, Daredevil, Law & Order, Blacklist and more. Cheng has joined to start the company’s latest endeavor- launching an original content division to develop and produce its own adrenaline shows.
I am responsible for running and growing the company’s first subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service, NOGGIN.
Report to the EVP of the department, oversee multiple agile teams, and align cross-functional disciplines.
Align cross functional teams including:
- Business Development & Strategy
- Product Development
- User-Experience & Brand Design
- Marketing/Audience Development
- Research, Analytics & Data Science
Direct and coordinate multiple initiatives to support the service and its platforms including:
- customer service
- video delivery & security
- content management
- interactive/graphic design
- voice-over, animation, sound design
Coordinate with teams in NY, LA, Canada, and Belarus
Responsible for shaping the growth strategy and platform launches for Nickelodeon, Nick Jr and Addicting Games on web, mobile web, and iOS & Android platforms.
Liaised with multiple senior executives including SVP for digital department, VP of Games, Senior Director of Casual Games Production, and supporting departments like Sales, QA, Ads and Reporting. Lead an agile team responsible for games, high score system, multiplayer capability, HTML5 tech. Drove the expansion of gaming onto multiple platforms including- mobile and touch devices. Successfully shepherded production and platform migration from Adobe Flash to HTML5.
Responsible for launching games in the Nickelodeon iOS app which won an Emmy
Served as the Engineering liaison for company’s parenting site, Parentsconnect.com. Achieved peak traffic patterns of 40 million+ monthly page views. Identified technical capabilities that can be leveraged in product development. Collaborated with the project leads to shape development strategy. Served as the technical coordinator between inter-departmental groups (50+ employees), Ads/reporting, SEO, Integrated Marketing, Research, consultants, vendors.
- Rich-media message boards
- User profiles
- Permission/privacy schema
- Social currency
- Content Scheduler
Co-founded MobileTPS, a $1 million IT start-up, with former Goldman Sachs and Knight Trading Group executives. Created a web/cellular interfaced inventory management system to distribute prepaid cellular airtime to consumers.
- Rolled out pilot programs in Colombia, Trinidad, and Venezuela
- Managed team of developers and liaised with multiple overseas sales teams
- Pitched to private investors and VCs
Managed the web development team to build and maintain NiteTrade- the company's b2b global equities e-commerce trading platform.
- Implemented a tiered permission system for junior and senior trading desk executives.
- Oversaw the creation of over 30 individual financial widgets.
- Achieved record of 32 million shares exchanged in single week within first 6 months of launch.